Illinois Women In Cannabis Is Looking For Entrepreneurs
Illinois Women In Cannabis (IWC), a not-for-profit comprised of professional and entrepreneurial women in Illinois who are interested in the cannabis industry, announced it will be hosting ten networking events throughout Illinois in September and October.
Illinois Women in Cannabis wants to alert women to what they say are big opportunities in the emerging Illinois medical cannabis industry--an industry they point out as being "too new to have a glass ceiling."
Dina Rollman founded this not-for-profit association in September 2014 with the mission of ensuring that women would be at the starting line of Illinois’ newest industry – an industry too new to have a glass ceiling – rather than playing catch up. We've been through some big milestones in the industry – cultivators harvesting their first crop of medical cannabis, dispensaries stocked their shelves with product, and registered patients finally have access to purchase their medication.
There are so many men and women whose hard work have made this milestone a reality – government regulators who designed the Medical Cannabis Pilot Program and its rules, patient advocates helping patients get certifications from doctors and get through all of the paperwork, and business operators committed to building facilities and implementing sophisticated operations to provide safe, high quality medicine to patients. It is because of the common goal of all of these stakeholders – to make safe, high quality medical cannabis available to Illinois patients – that Illinois is poised to reach this milestone.
If you're interested in learning more, here's the list of upcoming IWC events, including a stop here in Rockford:
- September 17 at Global Brew House in O’Fallon
- September 18 at Pizzeria DeVille in Libertyville
- September 23 at District Bar & Grill in Rockford
- September 24 at Shakers Sports Bar & Grill in Ottawa
- September 30 at Bent River Brewing in Rock Island
- October 1 at Tuscan Hills Winery in Effingham
- October 2 at Rock Run Convention Center in Joliet
- October 8 at Nu Voh in Springfield
- October 9 at Jupiters at The Crossing in Champaign
- October 16 at Buffalo Wild Wings in Macomb
All events take place from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. Tickets are $10 and include one drink and light appetizers.