Bears Make A Uniform Change This Sunday For Charity
Don't adjust your TV set on Sunday. The Bears footwear will look a little different this Sunday for a reason.
Many of the Chicago Bears will be participating in the NFL's My Cause My Cleats initiative on Sunday.
NOTE: This is kind of a big deal because the NFL will usually fine a player if they wear different colored cleats from the rest of the team. That's why all the words in that "initiative" are capatilized. They want everyone to know that this is legal.
Some of these look great. Here's a quick list of who is participating and what their charity will be:
- Alex Bars - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Deon Bush - Doby's Dream
- Tashaun Gipson Sr. - Alzheimer's Foundation of America
- Trevis Gipson - Chicago CRED
- Jimmy Graham - The Jimmy Graham Foundation
- Akiem Hicks - American Diabetes Association
- Germain Ifedi - Urban Grower's Collective
- Eddie Jackson - Remain to Reach
- Charles Leno Jr. - Mental Health Awareness
- Anthony Miller - Black Lives Matter Global Foundation
- Darnell Mooney - Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Matt Nagy - I Grow Chicago
- Pat O'Donnell - Gittien Cancer Research Fund
- Artavis Pierce - Bears Care
- Riley Ridley - Barbershop Books
- Allen Robinson II - Within Reach Foundation
- Patrick Scales - Colleen's Dream Foundation
- Duke Shelley - Go Get It Foundation
- Danny Trevathan - Alzheimer's Foundation of America
- Mitchell Trubisky - Thumbs Up Mission
- Josh Woods - Jordan McNair Foundation
- DeAndre Carter - Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Mark DeLeon - American Cancer Society
- Demetrius Harris - Tim Tebow Foundation
- Charles London - A Safe Place
- Khalil Mack - Lupus Foundation of America
- Ryan Nall - Goodwill
- Bilal Nichols - Project H.O.O.D.
- Bill Shuey - Cure Sanfilippo Foundation
- Buster Skrine - ImpactOne
- Deshea Townsend - Hope Mentoring
- Kindle Vildor - l.e.a.d.s.#Back2Play
The 5-6 Bears take on the Lions who just fired their coach. It has bad football written all over it. This will be one reason to actually watch the game. Once you get a look at the footwear, feel free to do something else with your Sunday. Life's too short to waste a Sunday on bad Bear's football.