Don’t Forget Alpine Kiwanis Brat Days this Weekend!
I'm always pleased when our friend Mark Lewis, from Alpine Kiwanis, shows up in our studio. Why? Well, in addition to being very fond of Mark (ask anyone, he's a terrific guy), his visit means it's time once again for one of Rockford's favorite events, Brat Days.
For around 40 years, the good folks at Alpine Kiwanis have served up brats to our community, and then given the proceeds back to the local area. Mark told me this morning that the dollar amount returned to various causes in Rockford is around $1.5 million. Not too shabby, when you consider that the first Brat Days brought in around $600.
If you're unfamiliar with Brat Days, here are a few details:
- Friday, July 17 from 11:00AM-8:00PM and Saturday, July 18 from 11:00AM-6:00PM. The two day event will be held at three locations: Edgebrook Center, Schnucks on E. State St. and Schnucks on N. Alpine & Harlem Rd. Each site will feature live entertainment. Drive-thru service available at the two Schnucks locations.
- Ticket prices are $5.00 in advance and $6.00 on-site (day of) and include choice of Johnsonville Brat, ¼ lb. All-Beef Johnsonville Hot Dog, Meatless Barbeque, Vegetarian Brat, Chips and Pop or Water.
- Tickets can be purchased at the Customer Service Counter at both Schnucks locations – E. State St. and N. Alpine & Harlem Rd., all Alpine Bank locations and MembersAlliance Credit Union locations at S. Alpine Rd. and Olde Creek Rd.
- “Take Your Brat to Work Day” at the Schnucks N. Alpine & Harlem Rd. location ONLY - Friday, July 17 from 6AM – 9AM - Drive thru only. Breakfast Brats are $3.00 each.
- 100% of the profit from Brat Days is given directly to local non-profits, for area youth scholarships and to national disasters. The Alpine Kiwanis Club has given more than $1,000,000 to help those in need both locally and internationally.
- Sponsors of Alpine Kiwanis Brat Days include: Alpine Bank, Abra Auto Body and Glass, Greenlee Textron, Beefaroo, Dental Dimensions, Baird, UTC Aerospace Systems, SwedishAmerican Medical Foundation, Lask Gutter Helmet, Klaas Financial, Meridian, Allen Heating and Cooling, Rock Hospitality, Doctors of Hearing HealthCare, Beyer Builders, Entre Computer Solutions, Shelter Insurance, Rasmussen College, Union Savings Bank, Alan Browne Chevrolet, Hall Insurance Agency, Hoffman House, Vegetarians in Motion, Ferrellgas, Image Signs, Rockford Park District, Pepsi, Johnsonville, Mrs. Fisher's, 23WIFR, 1440WROK, 97ZOK, 96.7The Eagle, Q98.5 and Rockford Register Star.
- To place large orders (50 or more) call 815-979-5249.
- For entertainment schedule go to www.alpinekiwanis-il.org