Mask Mandate Is Back At Illinois Driver’s License Facilities
When the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) says that it is fully adopting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) new masking guidelines, it's a pretty safe bet that others will follow suit.
Based on some of the announcements made over the last 48 hours, that's exactly what's happening here.
Areas With "Substantial levels" of Transmission of COVID-19 Are To Mask Up
The IDPH called on residents of counties with substantial levels of transmission (50 to 99 cases per 100,000 people over a 7-day period) to put on a mask indoors, whether you've been vaccinated or not.
The CDC says that Winnebago, Boone, Carroll, and McHenry Counties fit the bill for areas with substantial transmissions. Ogle, Stephenson, Jo Daviess, and Whiteside Counties are listed as "moderate." (click here for the CDC's complete Illinois County-by-County map)
Most of the "High Levels of Transmission" counties are located in the southern two-thirds of the state.
All Illinois Secretary of State Driver's License Facilities Require Masks
Starting on Monday, all customers and employees in SOS facilities will be required to wear a mask in buildings. That includes driver services facilities and the Illinois State Capitol Building.
More And More Colleges And Universities Are Requiring Vax/Masks
Across the country, nearly 600 colleges and universities have added vaccine/mask mandates for new and returning students. 18 of those institutions are located here in Illinois (list compiled by patch.com):
- Columbia College Chicago
- DePaul University, Chicago
- Dominican University, River Forest
- Elmhurst University, Elmhurst
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago
- Knox College, Galesburg
- Lake Forest College, Lake Forest
- Lewis University, Romeoville
- Loyola University Chicago
- Northern Illinois University, DeKalb
- Northwestern University, Evanston
- Roosevelt University, Chicago
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago
- School of the Art Institute Chicago, Chicago
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Illinois at Springfield
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign