How Much Do You Know About Halloween?
This morning on The Riley & Scot Show, we ran down some little known facts about today, Halloween.
The facts I remember from my childhood (and that of my own kids) are as follows:
- (Insert superhero here) does NOT wear a coat! (although I had to)
- Those orange and brown wrapped "peanut butter" things are disgusting
- People with a lot of cats should not, repeat, should not give out popcorn balls. They get very hairy.
Other facts of note (from Wavy.com):
- Chocolate makes up about three-quarters of a trick-or-treater’s plunder, according to the National Confectioners Association.
- Both Salem, Mass., and Anoka, Minn., are the self-proclaimed Halloween capitals of the world.
- Grower John Hawkley grew the biggest gourd at the 41st Annual Safeway World Championship Pumpkin Weigh-Off in Half Moon Bay, Calif., Monday, Oct. 13, 2014. Hawkley won with a 2,058 lb. pumpkin and set a new North American record.
And, if you're still craving more info, let's hear from Mentalfloss: