Hononegah boys win team, individual state bowling titles
Hononegah's Nick Sommer won the IHSA state bowling title by the slimmest of margins, rolling a score of 2,715 over 12 games to top Alex Acosta of Bolingbrook by two pins.
Sommer appeared to be out of it until he exploded for a 773 in his final three-game series, including a 290 in the middle game.
While Sommer won in high drama, the Indians cruised as a team. As a whole, the Indians scored 12,611, beating NIC-10 foe Freeport by 420 pins. Harlem, the defending state champions finished fifth.
- Hononegah, 12,611
- Freeport, 12,191
- Lincoln-Way Central, 12,132
- O'Fallon, 12,107
- Harlem, 12,047
- Nick Sommer, Hononegah, 2,715
- Alex Acosa, Bolingbrook, 2,713
- Alec Buchaas, Lockport, 2,692
- Julian Dyson, Freeport, 2,666
- Lucas Pinkus, Lincolnshire Stevenson, 2,660
- Ian Ridgway, Aurora Metea Valley, 2,657
- Ty Collalti, Freeport, 2,656
- Karl Burns, Plainfield Central, 2,655
- Madura Trevor, Lake Zurich, 2,641
- Blake Miller, St. Charles North, 2,635