Fight Cancer with Bark For Life
They really are man's (and women's) best friend, and they're here to help. In this space yesterday, I told you about Mellany's Dog Walk to benefit RMH's Pet Therapy Program and the Rock River Valley Blood Center.
Today, it appears that dogs are multi-taskers when it comes to helping their humans. Your dog would love it if you'd sign up for the American Cancer Society's Bark For Life, A Canine Event to Fight Cancer.
The details, provided by Tammy English at the American Cancer Society:
Dogs And Humans to Fight Back Against Cancer at Bark For Life Event on
Saturday, August 29th at Sumner Park in Pecatonica.
Dozens of people and their canine friends will come together for fun, games,
dress-up contests, food, and a special walk to celebrate canine companionship
for cancer survivors. Participants are also raising funds to support the American
Cancer Society’s mission to save lives from cancer. It’s all part of the American
Cancer Society Relay For Life movement.
- Saturday, August 29, 2015, 9:00am-12:00pm .
- 9:00 am Registration & Donations Open
- 10:00 am Opening Ceremony
- 10:45 am 1.5 Mile Bark For Life Walk Begins
- 11:15 am Activities Open
- 12:00 pm Event Closes
- Registration is $25 (pre-event)/$35 (day of event)
- Website: relayforlife.org/barkpecatonicail
- Facebook Page: facebook.com/BFLPecatonica