Rockford's own Cheap Trick had a #1 hit with "The Flame," but I doubt this was part of some elaborate marketing scheme.

According to Lancaster Online, a subwoofer caught on fire after a Cheap Trick show this weekend in Pennsylvania. Ultimate Classic Rock has a bit more on the story:

Employees leapt to the rescue, putting out the fire with nearby extinguishers even before first responders from the Ronks Fire Company could arrive. No one was injured.

A message on their website says the blaze “was contained to some in-house equipment. No guitars, drums, gear, band or crew were affected.”

And, in classic Cheap Trick style, the guys had a little fun with the episode after the fact, getting the first responders to strike a pose after addressing the situation:

No Rockford shows in the near future for the band, but they are in Chicago and Milwaukee over the next few months.

More From WROK 1440 AM / 96.1 FM