The 10 Highest Paying Jobs in Illinois
Sure you could love what you do, or you could just make bank.
Depending on where you live, your career may make you more or less money. According to a list from Zippia, there are 740 different jobs categories in Illinois, and of course not all jobs are created equal.
Some jobs are super fun and some make you rich, these are the jobs that will make you rich.
Zippia created this list of the highest paying jobs in Illinois based on information from The Bureau of Labor Statistics.
As expected, medical professionals top the list. Ok, they don't just top the list, they pretty much are the list.
But now you know what to send your kids to school for so they can pay for your life when you're old. Surgeon, honey, you want to be a surgeon when you grow up.
- Surgeons, average salary $248,420
- Obstetricians and Gynecologists, average salary $217,900
- Family and General Practitioners, average salary $189,480
- Physicians and Surgeons (all other), average salary $189,390
- Anesthesiologists, average salary $185,920
- Internists, average salary $185,190
- Chief Executives, average salary $175,490
- Podiatrists, average salary $158,750
- Psychiatrists, average salary $153,060
- Dentists, average salary $149,400