Rockford Mayor Tom McNamara’s ‘My Water Pledge’ Challenge
The mayor is challenging local residents to take the "My Water Pledge" to conserve water and potentially walk off with some cool prizes.
Mayors across the country are participating in the My Water Pledge, a month-long friendly competition between U.S. cities to see who can be the most "water wise". The contest is designed to save infrastructure and operating costs for cities, and protect water-shields and ecosystems.
That sounds good, but like most people, I'm going to need some info:
Cities with the highest percentage of residents who take the challenge in their population category win. Cities will compete in the following population categories: 5,000-29,999, 30,000-99,999, 100,000-299,999. 300,000-599,999, 600,000+. Participants in the winning cities are eligible to win hundreds of prizes. By the way, your mayor doesn’t have to participate for your city to win…But every person makes a difference! Last year, the challenge awarded more than $50,000 in prizes to nearly 300 residents in U.S. cities.
Here's how it works, by the numbers:
- Take the “My Water Pledge” on behalf of your city.
- See how much you’ve pledged to save.
- Choose to enter the prize drawing, and you are eligible to win one of the following prizes:
- Grand Prize: $5,000 Home Utilities paid for a Year
- $500 Shopping Spree at a Home Improvement Store
- 200 Eco-friendly “Green Your Home” Cleaning Kits from Earth Friendly Products (ECOS)
- 50 TORO XTRA SMART™ ECXTRA™ Landscape Tier & Wireless Weather Sensor
- 6 Waterpik Chrome EcoRain® Low Flow Rain Shower Heads
- 6 Waterpik Eco-Flow® 4-Spray Fixed Shower Heads
- Community Grand Prize: All-new 2018 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
If you know a great charity in the Rockford area, simply add their name when you enter the prize drawing and they could win a 2018 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid. All charities are eligible, PTAs, churches, health and human services, arts groups and more.