Local Officials Host Free Paper Shredding Event
A trio of local officials are hosting a free paper shredding event this Saturday for all area residents. It goes without saying that shredding sensitive documents is one of the best ways to avoid identity theft, fraud, and other potential problems down the road.
State Representatives John Cabello and Joe Sosnowski along with Loves Park Mayor Darryl Lindberg are the ones who organized the big shred. It'll take place this Saturday, June 7 from 9:00 A.M. to Noon at Loves Park City Hall, 100 Heart Blvd.
And the coolest part: you actually can watch your paper being shredded!
Those planning on stopping by are asked to follow these instructions:
- Enter via East Riverside Blvd. and Heart Blvd.
- Follow marked pathway through the parking lot.
- Seniors should remain in their cars while it is being unloaded by staff.
- Parking is available for those who want to watch documents being shredded.
- Limit two paper boxes per person
Experts recommend shredding anything containing social security numbers, signatures, medical history details, or credit card information.
If you have any questions, you can call State Rep. Cabello at 815-282-0083 or State Rep. Sosnowski at 815-547-3436.