How to Help Those Affected by the California Fires From Rockford
Three wildfires in California have displaced hundreds of thousands of people and destroyed thousands of homes. People have lost their lives, their homes, and so much more. There are many different ways to donate from all the way across the country.
As of Monday morning, hundreds of thousands of acres had been burned by the fire in the northern part of the state, called the Camp Fire. It has turned into the most destructive in the state’s history and one of the most deadly. Another 88,000 acres have been scorched in Southern California by the two fires called the Woolsey and Hill.
Here’s how you can help.
First things first, do your research to make sure that where you are donating is legit. This link is helpful in doing that.
The Center for International Disaster Information reminds everyone that the most efficient way to help is by donating money. Here are a list of nonprofits seeking donations -
- California Community Foundation’s Wildfire Relief Fund
- Caring Choices
- Enloe Medical Center
- Entertainment Industry Foundation:
- Humane Society of Ventura County
- North Valley Community Foundation
- Salvation Army
- United Way of Greater Los Angeles
- United Way of Northern California:
- A list of Gofundme's can be found here - GoFundMe
- Finally, Google is accepting donations here - Google Donation Center