Get To Know: Eyewitness News Meteorologist Brandon Arnold
It's been a while since our friend Brandon Arnold from Eyewitness News stopped by the studio. But he had a good reason to visit this morning -- he's speaking at an Emergency Preparedness Event hosted by the Rockford Public Library on Saturday.
It takes place September 14 from 11:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m. at the Nordlof Center & J.R. Sullivan Theater in downtown Rockford. If you stop by you can hear from storm chaser Danny Neal and Brandon, then stick around to watch "Twister". You can make your own fog tornado, tour an ambulance, and learn how to prepare an emergency kit for your home.
Plus, Brandon will be doing a Q&A so you can ask all the important question like, "Why do you always interrupt 'Modern Family' just to tell us there's a Severe Thunderstorm Warning in the area?"
Now, before we let Brandon leave we wanted to give listeners the chance to get to know him a whole lot better. Following in the footsteps of the Bravo show, "Inside the Actor's Studio," we decided to go Inside the Meteorologist's Studio and ask Brandon the same questions that James Lipton asks all of his guests:
- What is your favorite word? Meteorology
- What is your least favorite word? Moist
- What turns you on? Music
- What turns you off? Winter
- What sound or noise do you love? Meow (the sound of his newly-adopted kitty)
- What sound or noise do you hate? Nails on a chalkboard
- What is your favorite curse word? The "F" word
- What profession, other than your own, would you like to attempt? Musician/guitarist
- What profession would you not like to do? Meteorologist for The Weather Channel
- If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? "Come on in!"
Not a bad job at all, I'd say, considering he had no advance warning with which to prepare his responses.