Anthony Rizzo Has A Unique Way To Raise Money For Children’s Cancer
Anthony Rizzo has donated millions of dollars to cancer research in his young career. Now he has a unique way of letting fans help out as well.
The Cubs' first baseman has announced that he will be launching the Home Run Challenge this season. It's pretty simple and pretty genius. You simply sign up and pledge a certain dollar amount for every home run Rizzo hits. It's like that dribble-a-ton that your nephew made you sign up for but at a major league level.
Along with the satisfaction of donating money to cancer research, the pledge comes with some bonuses depending on how much you give per bomb. If you donate:
- $5 per HR - Exclusive #TeamRizzo benefits (opportunity to purchase Foundation event tickets and merchandise before the general public.)
- $10 per HR - #TeamRizzo benefits and a #TeamRizzo Nike Drawstring Bag
- $25 per HR - #TeamRizzo benefits and a #TeamRizzo Nike Duffle Bag
- $50 per HR - #TeamRizzo benefits and a Duffle Bag and autographed photo
- $100 per HR - #TeamRizzo benefits and a Duffle Bag and autographed baseball
The past 4 years Rizzo has hit 32, 32, 31, and 32 home runs so he's pretty consistent. You can count on at least 30 Yabos this year.
All the details and sign up page can be found here. Hopefully, Rizzo doesn't bankrupt too many fans this year.
P.S. Reminder that you can catch every Chicago Cub regular season and playoff game right here on 1440 WROK.