15 Facts You Need to Know About the Rockford Town Fair
Since most people who work at radio stations are basically still kids at heart, we're so excited around here for the upcoming Rockford Town Fair that we keep checking our countdown clock (22 days, 1 hour, 2 minutes, and 39, 38, 37, seconds) for the fair's opening.
That's right, the Rockford Town Fair, presented by SwedishAmerican, a division of UW Health, starts July 6th at the Rockford Speedway (that's need-to-know fact #1).
If this is the first you're hearing about the Rockford Town Fair, then you've probably got a few questions about how it all works. In no particular order, let's cover some more of the info:
- It's a 5 day event, starting Wednesday, July 6th, and wrapping up Sunday, July 10th.
- The hours are Wednesday, July 6th, 6pm-10pm, Thursday, July 7th, 11am-10pm, Friday, July 8th, 11am-11pm, Saturday, July 9th, 11am-11pm, and Sunday, July 10th, 11am-9pm.
- The Rockford Town Fair will feature more than 20 different rides, along with plenty of family areas.
- Other events at the Rockford Town Fair include a petting zoo, hot air balloons, dog shows, a BMX exhibition, pig racing, wood carvers, and a lot more.
- Fair admission is free when you pick up your tickets at a participating Wendy's, or just 1 dollar if you walk up.
- You can buy your tickets in advance online by clicking here.
- Unlimited ride wristbands are $20 in advance, and $25 when you buy at the gate.
- Concert admission is $15 in advance, and $20 when you buy at the gate.
- The Giant Wheel, The Tilt, The State Fair Slide, Zero Gravity, and the Haunted Mansion are just a few of the really cool rides and activities that the whole family will love.
- For our younger attendees, we've got The Kid Zone. This kid-friendly area will feature huge bounce houses and slides, plus rides, balloons and so much more. Let your children wander around this amusing world of adventure, open all day during the fair.
- If you've always wanted to ride in a hot-air balloon, but didn't want to commit to a full ride, you're in luck. The Rockford Town Fair will offer you the chance to experience the beauty of a hot air balloon as they rise up to 100 feet in the air while tethered to the ground. These massive, colorful balloons are always a crowd-pleaser as they float right above the crowd.
- We've got two big days of music lined up for you, featuring some old favorites mixed in with some up-and-coming country artists. Friday, come check out Eddie Money and Candlebox. Saturday, it's Sammy Kershaw, Lindsay Ell, JT Hodges, and Logan Brill.
- The Rockford Town Fair is an event for the whole family, with kids aged 10 and under admitted free.
- And, don't sweat the weather forecast, the Rockford Town Fair is a rain or shine event.
- For more information, or to buy your tickets in advance, just click here, and we'll see you at the Rockford Town Fair, July 6th-10th, at Rockford Speedway.