Top 5 Stateline Stores With the Best Return Policies
Take it back, Take it back! Not every gift you get is meant to be kept, Let's face it, there are times you need to return that ugly sweater, or that weird shaped pan that won't fit in your kitchen cabinet. Not every store's return or exchange policy is created equal.
If you buying gifts this holiday season, make sure you understand the store's return policy before making that purchase as some are better than others. MSNMoney did the research and compiled the best of the best when it comes to returns.
Here are the Top 5 Rated Rockford and Stateline Stores (Based on Return Policies)
1. Bed Bath & Beyond: They have very few restrictions. There is no time limit for returns. plus you can return an item to the store and by mail. They even will pay the return shipping costs. The Bed Bath & Beyond return policy carries no time limit.
With a receipt, refunds are issued in the original form of payment, except for returns made with gift receipts, which are refunded with merchandise credit. Without a receipt, a Bed Bath & Beyond employee can look up a purchase made in the last 365 days. If a record can't be located, you can still get a refund — though it will be store credit equal to the item's current purchase price less 20 percent.
2. JCPenny: Here you can make full returns at any time. If for some reason you don't have a receipt, you can get a store credit. According to MSNMoney
While JCPenney is another retailer with no time limit on returns, it also has more exceptions to this rule for furniture, fine jewelry and electronics.
3. Staples (Freeport and Janesville) :Returns can be made for "any reason" and there are no time limits. Don't like that stapler? You can return it in store and online.
Furniture and office electronics do carry a 14-day time limit for returns, but this is extended for the holiday season to allow for gifts to be returned.
4. Macy's: Here, you can take back a purchase at any time. Again. there is no time limit.However, note that items returned with a gift receipt are only eligible for store credit refund.
Shoppers can make returns without a receipt, but only for store credit equal to the item's lowest selling price in the last 180 days. Items must also be unused, unworn and unwashed to be accepted for return.
5. Kohl's: Big selling point: No time limit to make your return. Yes, you can return without a receipt. I have known people who purchased clothes three years ago to return the item to Kohl's fora store credit.
If you have no receipt and the purchase can't be found in the store's database, a refund will be issued in the form of merchandise credit.
Personally, in my humble opinion and experience, I would put Kohl's at the top of the list when it comes to lenient return policies.