Target Announces Their Own Version of ‘Prime Day’ and It’s Probably Better
Sorry, Amazon, but it looks like you're in for quite the competition this week.
Prime Day. When it started it sounded like the coolest way to shop at your desk in the summer. Then we experienced it and let's face it, it's not as awesome as it sounds.
Maybe you have had a better experience, but when all I ended up ordering was a three pack of Lysol wipes, I cancelled my Prime membership and never felt like I needed to 'celebrate' Prime Day again.
Until I heard that Target announced their own version of Prime Day, no membership required.
That's right, Target's giant one day online does not require you to sign up for anything, though having a RED card always helps with the bonus five percent discount and free shipping.
So here's the deal.
According to the Target press release, your online Target shopping tomorrow will include the following discounts.
- Spend $100 on Target.com on July 17 and get a free six-month membership for same-day delivery, shopped by Shipt (nearly $50 in savings)
- 30 percent off Target-exclusive home brands
- Sale on cookware, small appliances and floorcare
- 25 percent off beauty and personal care
- Sale on select top toy brands
- Spend $20, save $5 on books
- 30 percent off Target-exclusive kids’ home brands
- Up to 30 percent off top Google products
- Up to 30 percent off select baby gear
- Free shipping on next-day Target Restock delivery orders on July 17
Amazon's Prime Day starts at 2 p.m. today central time, Target's sale starts when you wake up tomorrow.