Rockford Trick-Or-Treating Times and Tips
Halloween is just around the corner, and parents and children all around the Stateline are planning costumes and trick-or-treating festivities.
I remember when I was young that trick-or-treating was done throughout the day! No more, of course. Local municipalities now set up official times for the door-to-doot event As an adult...I kind of like this development.
The City of Rockford officially has set 5:30 p.m.to 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 31, as trick-or-treating times. They've also outline some tips for a safe and fun holiday, including:
- Children should not go out alone, and an adult should be with them if at all possible.
- Visit neighborhoods where you know neighbors.
- Watch out for cars! Motorists should use extra caution, drive slowly and watch for children.
- Make sure costumes are non-flammable, easy to walk in, and allow for good vision. Add fun glow-in-the-dark stickers or strips. Flashlights help with safety and visibility.
- Outside lights should be left on for safety.
Be safe and have fun this Halloween!