Trick-or-Treating Times Announced For the Rockford Area
Halloween is less than a month away and Rockfordians finally have an answer to one of the most asked questions of late, will there be trick-or-treating?
We know the guidelines for Halloween parties have been established. We also know pumpkin patches and a few haunted houses are operating. But one thing we did not know, despite prior claims earlier this week, was of Rockford's trick-or-treating plan. Would Winnebago County Health Department recommend against it as they did with restaurants and bars?? Would Rockford's city officials put in a pin in it? Turns out, all parties got this decision right.
Some of the guidelines, according to the City of Rockford include:
Trick-or-treating in "same household" groups of 10 or less.
Maintaining social distance from other groups.
Masks to be worn by everyone 2+ (including those handing out candy.
Bring hand sanitizer with you.
Stay home if you're sick.
The official trick-or-treating time for Rockford is 5:30-7:30.
Here are more Rockford-area trick-or-treating times, according to Stateline Kids.
- Oregon: 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Belvidere: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Capron, Pecatonica, Poplar Grove, Stillman Valley: 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Freeport, Rockton, South Beloit, Winnebago: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Machesney Park: 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Byron, Davis, Durand, Rochelle: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Cherry Valley, Janesville, Loves Park, New Milford, Rockford, Roscoe: 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Caledonia: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Find alternative ideas to trick-or-treating if you're not down for door-to-door fun HERE.
JB Love is ½ of Q98.5's Lil Zim & JB In The Morning, weekday mornings from 5:00 a.m. to 10 a.m. Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
KEEP READING: What were the most popular baby names from the past 100 years?