Miller Beer Is Giving “Doorstep Weddings” To Those Who Cancelled
If you, or someone you know had to pull the plug on an upcoming wedding due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a beer company wants to provide the next best thing.
Well, maybe not the next best thing, which would probably be a full refunding of all the money that was laid out in anticipation of the big day. We can call it the next-next best thing.
Here's what they're offering up:
Miller said they will give three couples a doorstep wedding complete with an officiant, photographer and $10,000.
They’ll also provide the beer.
The details (from Miller High-Life):
Valid e-mail address required to enter. During the Entry Phase, an eligible entrant must send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org which includes his/her state of residence, his/her age, and a description (150 words or less) describing how the entrant’s wedding plans have changed in 2020 and how they still plan to celebrate with Miller High Life and an image of the couple (NOTE: image must be 2MB max and in JPG or PNG format). Once submitted, the entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Contest (“Entry”). Note: by submitting an Entry, the entrant agrees to be bound be these Official Rules and agrees to receive one (1) e-mail following the Entry to confirm receipt of the Entry. The potential winner will receive an additional e-mail notification following the Judging Phase.
Oh, and there are just a few entry requirements:
Entry Requirements: All entries must comply with the following restrictions:
- Entry must be an original work;
- Entry cannot have been published previously by any party other than the entrant;
- Entry must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent);
- Entry cannot prominently feature trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by any third party, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, other than Miller High Life;
- Entry cannot prominently feature copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images);
- Entry cannot include the name, likeness, photograph, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission from that person, if requested by Sponsor, entrant must provide proof of permission to Sponsor/Administrator;
- Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
- Entry cannot promote illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Entry cannot describe or depict any illegal activity or violation of any state or federal law;
- All entries must demonstrate an acknowledgement, understanding and/or a positive reinforcement of alcohol responsibility, as defined by the Miller High Life brand;
- All individuals in the photo must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older;
- Entries cannot contain the name/logo of any alcohol beverage retailer (except Sponsor’s), including in the background;
- Entries must not include any personally identifiable information (full name, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.);
- Entries must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that contains prohibited content which shall include, but is not limited to content that promotes, suggests, or encourages:
- gambling, including without limitation, any content related to online casinos, sports books, bingo or poker;
- the use of prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, or violence;
- the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity or otherwise challenge or seek to overthrow any government;
- Entry must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way.
Entries will be closed May 1st and Winners will be announced May 5th.