All over the world, including in Minnesota, are tiny treasures hiding. Sometimes these items are in plain sight. Once in a while, the hidden treasures are a bit trickier to find. Occasionally you will need to do a little hunting to find the item that is hiding, but almost always you will spot it.
Did You Know That There Are Tiny Treasures Hiding All Over The World, Including in Minnesota?
If you love scavenger hunts, you will love this fun activity called Geocaching! You can do this on your own, as a family, or even work with a group of friends to find the items that have been hidden right in front of your eyes.
If you've never heard of Geocaching, I asked my kids to help with a definition: it's a scavenger hunt for hidden treasures all over the world that you find using technology.
Here's how Geocaching works:
- Get the Geocaching app in your app store. (If you've got a device with a cell signal, it works a little bit better than a device without data.)
- Create an account (Bonus - you can do this for free!)
- Check out the map and search for a cache to find. When you search you will see that there are levels of difficulty, terrains, and also sizes of caches.
- Go have fun finding it!
- When you find the geocache, write your username down on the log that is in the cache. (Hint: you might want to bring a writing utensil with you.) On the bigger caches, you might even find some great prizes. The courteous thing to do is if you take something to also leave something.
- Remember to log in on the Geocaching app too.
- Fun tip: If you are going on a vacation, you can have fun Geocaching there too! Just bring your device and search that location.
Step By Step Guide on How To Geocache
Gallery Credit: Jessica On The Radio
What's another fun activity for kids and families?
15 Things You Absolutely Cannot Return When Buying on Amazon
Gallery Credit: Rob Carroll