Illinois Shoppers: Here Are Your Holiday Mailing Deadlines
I know, it's not even Halloween yet, and here I am posting information about when you need to have your holiday gift packages wrapped up and shipped out.
I figured it would be a good thing to have all of that info ready to go now, so you're not scrambling at the last minute to get your gifts sent, or worse, lamenting the fact that you missed a shipping deadline.
Just print this out and stick it on the fridge next to the school year artwork.
With An Expectation Of 200 Million-Plus Packages Being Delivered Every Week During The Holiday Season, Let's Make Sure You Have The Right Shipping Deadlines
Holiday shipping deadlines are the latest dates you can ship a package with a carrier and have your shipment get to its destination in time for the holidays, so knowing what UPS, USPS, and FedEx have marked as deadlines should keep everyone on your gift list (who doesn't live in the Rockford area) happy on the big day.
According to MoneyTransfers.com, the expected average holiday spending in 2022 will reach $1,802 per person, 40% of shoppers start buying Christmas presents before the end of October, and 51% of U.S. consumers plan to buy fewer gifts this year than in 2021.
Here Are The Major Carriers, And Their Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- USPS Retail Ground™: Saturday, December 17
- First Class MailⓇ: Saturday, December 17
- Priority MailⓇ: Monday, December 19
- Priority Mail ExpressⓇ: Friday, December 23
- FedEx Ground® Economy: Thursday, December 8
- FedEx Ground®: Wednesday, December 14
- Home Delivery®: Wednesday, December 14
- Express Saver®: Tuesday, December 20
- 2Day® Services: Wednesday, December 21
- FedEx Same Day: Friday, December 23
- UPS® Ground shipping: Check ups.com/ctc for details
- UPS 3 Day Select®: Monday, December 19
- UPS 2nd Day Air® services: Wednesday, December 21
- UPS Next Day Air® services: Thursday, December 22