Illinois Shoppers: Here Are The Deadlines For Shipping Packages
Hey, sometimes the calendar can get away from you. Most of us (not you super-organized people) have, at least one time in our lives, found that we got our holiday presents packed up for shipping just a bit too late.
Give yourself a break if that happens, because it's kind of nice to be on the receiving end of a Christmas present that comes after the holiday itself. I've always looked at it as a bonus. Maybe the person who got that late gift from you felt the same way.
Or maybe they hate you for it. I really don't know your friends and family.
With An Expectation Of 200 Million-Plus Packages Being Delivered Every Week During The Holiday Season, Let's Make Sure You Have The Right Shipping Deadlines
Holiday shipping deadlines are the latest dates you can ship a package with a carrier and have your shipment get to its destination in time for the holidays, so knowing what UPS, USPS, and FedEx have marked as deadlines should keep everyone on your gift list (who doesn't live in the Rockford area) happy on the big day.
According to MoneyTransfers.com, the expected average holiday spending in 2022 will reach $1,802 per person, 40% of shoppers start buying Christmas presents before the end of October, and 51% of U.S. consumers plan to buy fewer gifts this year than in 2021.
Here Are The Major Carriers, And Their Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- USPS Retail Ground™: Saturday, December 17
- First Class MailⓇ: Saturday, December 17
- Priority MailⓇ: Monday, December 19
- Priority Mail ExpressⓇ: Friday, December 23
FedEx Ground® Economy: Thursday, December 8
- FedEx Ground®: Wednesday, December 14
- Home Delivery®: Wednesday, December 14
- Express Saver®: Tuesday, December 20
- 2Day® Services: Wednesday, December 21
- FedEx Same Day: Friday, December 23
- UPS® Ground shipping: Check ups.com/ctc for details
- UPS 3 Day Select®: Monday, December 19
- UPS 2nd Day Air® services: Wednesday, December 21
- UPS Next Day Air® services: Thursday, December 22