Illinois Lacks Christmas Spirit Compared to The Rest of The Country
You would think the state that brought the world "Home Alone" would have a little more spirit than this. However, when GetCenturyLink ranked the states based on their Christmas spirit, Illinois didn't do too hot. Ranked from most spirit to least spirit - here's what the country looks like -
So as you can see, Illinois is pretty lightly colored. So how'd we rank?
36/50. That's really low. Wisconsin ranked at 18.
So how do they determine spirit? According to GetCenturyLink -
We analyzed each category using ten metrics listed below. We finalized our Christmas spirit ranking by calculating the weighted average for each state across all metrics.
- Google searches for Christmas movies and gingerbread houses (29%)
- Google shopping trends for wrapping paper, Christmas cards, Christmas ornaments, and “elf on a shelf” (28%)
- Number of Christmas songs streamed (14.5%)
- Number of tweets related to Christmas (7%)
- Number of Christmas tree farms per capita (7%)
- Amount of charitable donations (14.5%)
So I guess we don't get any credit for being the home of "Home Alone".
Maybe next year we'll move up in the ranks.