Igloo Recalls Coolers For Safety Concerns
Igloo has issued a recall for some of their coolers after a child gets stuck in one.
It was a chance occurrence and something that probably wouldn't have even been addressed 20 years ago, but Igloo is obviously worried about a major lawsuit.
5 year old, Nicholas Wanes climbed into his families cooler while they were airing it out after a trip. The unique "padlock style" latch then trapped the boy inside.
Luckily his parents heard the yells from inside the cooler and were able to free him but this could have been a tragic incident.
If you have one of the following coolers you can contact Igloo and get a new one. Or you can just make sure kids don't climb into yours. The choice is up to you.
- Igloo® Marine Elite 72 quart; Item #00049375
- Igloo® Marine Elite 54 quart; Item #00049374
- Igloo® Marine Elite 94 quart; Item #00049574
- Igloo® Marine Elite 110 quart; Item #00034108
- Igloo® Marine Elite 150 quart; Item #00049573
- Igloo® Lockable Latch; Item #00020087