10 Nearby Haunted Houses to Get You Scared Through Halloween
We're just a little over a week away from Halloween, do you have it in you to take in a haunted house each day?
If you do, then good news, because I found a list of 10 amazing haunted houses for you to try.
You, not me.
I think I've been to one haunted house in my life, when I was Little Miss Schaumburg and one of my duties was to be at the season opening of the house. I'm pretty sure I cried.
Sure, I was nine, but at 29, I would still cry if you made me go to a haunted house. But some people really love getting the crap scared out of them, so go for it!
This list comes from NBC Chicago, so the houses might be a little bit of a drive, but it looks like it's totally worth it.
- 13th Floor Haunted House, $22-33; 1940 George St., Melrose Park (12 + older)
- Basement of the Dead, $25-45; 42 W. New York Street, Aurora
- Disturbia: Screams in the Park, $25-40; 5501 Park Place, Rosemont
- House of Torment, $26-52; 8240 N. Austin Ave, Morton Grove
- Massacre Haunted House, $25-35; 299 Montgomery Rd, Montgomery (13 + older)
- Midget Terror Haunted House, $23-25; 5520 West 111 St., Oak Lawn
- Sick House, $20-27; 19081 Old Lagrange Rd., Mokena
- Psychosis Haunted House, $18-28; 882 Anita Ave, Antioch
- Realm of Terror, $25-35; 421 W. Rollins Rd, Round Lake Beach
- Statesville Haunted Prison & City of the Dead, $30-45; 17250 S. Weber Rd, Crest Hill