You Want Comfort Food? This Wisconsin Restaurant Is Built On It
When you think of comfort food or foods, what's the first thing that pops to mind? If ever there were a question that has absolutely no wrong answer, it's the comfort food question.
Why? Because any food you take some comfort and a bunch of extra joy from eating definitely qualifies as comfort food--whatever that food is.
Unless I think it's weird.
First, Let's Take A Look At America's Favorite Comfort Foods
Just a quick Google search tells me that we've got no shortage of food items that fall under the comfort food umbrella. I hit several sites with lists of comfort foods, and these kept showing up:
- Chicken and waffles
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Mac and cheese
- Grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup
- Corn dogs
- Chips and queso
- French fries
- Fried chicken
- Homemade bread
- Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches
There are tons more I could list, but you get the idea.
The Last Entry On The Comfort Food List Above Is The Very First Entry On The Menu At The Peanut Butter & Jelly Deli In West Allis, Wisconsin
The Peanut Butter & Jelly Deli is absolutely dedicated to serving up what they call America's favorite sandwich:
Located in the Six Points neighborhood of West Allis, the PBJ Deli specializes in classic and gourmet peanut butter & jelly sandwiches as well as other specialty foods and treats that feature our Peanut Butter & Jelly combinations!
The Menu, While Focused On PB&J, Has A Wide Variety Of Ways To Enjoy That PB&J
After getting to The Peanut Butter & Jelly Deli's website, I headed straight to the menu to see just how weird and/or creative they get with their food. I wasn't disappointed to find things like:
- The King (as in Elvis): A grilled sandwich with a layer of our all-natural or honey roasted peanut butter combined with sliced bananas and honey. Treat yourself and try it with bacon.
- Grilled Cheese and Jelly: Your choice of American or sharp cheddar cheese and any of our craft jams or jellies, all melted between your choice of bread.
- Crunch & Punch: PBJD's crunchy peanut butter paired with a zesty layer of raspberry jalapeno jam.
- PBJ Quesadilla: A flour tortilla wrapped with your choice of peanut butter, jams, and fresh fruit. Grilled to perfection.