Which One is Illinois’ Favorite Halloween Candy?
One of these pictured candies is Illinois' new favorite Halloween candy. We'll eat about 32,000 pounds more of this than last year's favorite. Guesses?
The CandyStore recently released their updated list of Top Halloween Candy by State, and KitKat takes the number one spot by about 16 tons. That's because The CandyStore measures each state's favorite by how many pounds of the stuff are consumed (or at least purchased) in each of the 50 states.
Here in Illinois, KitKat is the new boss, with over 169,089 pounds. Sour Patch Kids, last year's #1, slipped to 2nd place with 137,257 pounds. Coming in 3rd place here in Illinois is Snickers with 91,494 pounds.
Here's what other people in the Midwest are planning to have on-hand for the little ghouls and goblins showing up on October 31st:
- Wisconsin: Butterfinger, Starburst, Hot Tamales
- Iowa: (What a shocker) Candy Corn, M&Ms, Reese's Cups
- Michigan: Candy Corn, Starburst, Skittles
- Missouri: Milky Way, Dubble Bubble Gum, Almond Joy
- Indiana: Hot Tamales, Starburst, Jolly Ranchers
- Kentucky: Swedish Fish, Tootsie Pops, Reese's Cups
As for the United States as a whole, here are the top ten favorite Halloween candies:
- Reese's Cups
- Candy Corn
- Hot Tamales
- Tootsie Pops
- Jolly Ranchers