This is the Most Popular Christmas Cookie Recipe for 2018
Grab your flour and chocolate chips, Christmas cookie season has begun!
Baking is one of my favorite hobbies. I don't do it that much anymore because my apartment kitchen has nothing on my mom's counter space, but when Christmas rolls around, I still bake plenty of cookies.
So when I saw that the most popular Christmas cookie on Pinterest is perfect for the holidays, I wanted to share it with everyone! And I want to bake them like right now, too.
The cookie is from a baking blog called, 'No. 2 Pencil,' and the recipe is,' M&M's Christmas Cookie Bars.'
According to Country Living, the recipe has been saved over 364,000 times, and they look so simple and delicious.
First off, bar cookies are better than everything else because you don't have to waste time scooping.
The recipe from No. 2 Pencil is as follows:
- 2 sticks of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of Christmas M&M's plus more for topping
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, leave some overhang to make removal easier.
- Spray foil generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat.
- Lower speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Add M&M's and mini chocolate chips and give a final stir, reserving some M&M's, mini chocolate chips and white chocolate chips for topping cookie bars.
- Transfer cookie dough to prepared baking dish.
- Press additional M&M'S, mini chocolate chips and white chocolate chips into top of cookie dough.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes on oven rack in lower third of oven to prevent over browning.
- Let cool completely and cut.
Maybe I'll use regular M&M's and just make these for Thanksgiving.