The New Tasty Treat Coming to White Sox Games That You Have to Know About!
It's now officially baseball season!
There are a few annual traditions that make you know that baseball is right around the corner. You hear that pitchers and catchers are reporting. You start seeing Ken Rosenthal on your television a lot more.
And possibly one of the most exciting days is when major league ballparks announce the newest additions to their ball park concessions.
The White Sox made that announcement on Tuesday afternoon with this press release:
They highlighted 8 items from their 2022 selection that they think will draw the most attention. Among the selection were pierogis, wings, brats, and the aforementioned rainbow ice cream cone.
I've ranked them from least to most excited to try, feel free to skip down to number one if you want to know about the rainbow ice cream cone.
8. Mushroom Cap Veggie Burger - Order a Mushroom Cap Veggie Burger in the Stadium Club and enjoy an herb-grilled mushroom cap topped with Swiss cheese, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato and sweet chili aioli on a toasted wheat roll.
I think we all definitely need to add a lot more vegetables to our diet. I applaud those who really take care as to what they put in their body. I'm very glad that those people have seen far more options when it comes to eating outside of their house. That being said, I will not be enjoying a veggie burger at a ball park.
7. Jalapeno Artichoke Dip - Levy’s spiced-up version of the classic artichoke app features warm cream cheese, farm fresh artichokes, jalapeños, parmesan cheese and crispy tortilla chips and is available in all suites.
This sounds fine but I don't equate artichoke dip with going to a baseball game. These are only available in the suites and that's alright with me.
6. Smoked Wings - These deliciously dry-rubbed wings are house-smoked over hickory hardwood and served with a signature BBQ sauce.
I could be talked into ordering a plate of wings at a baseball game. I'm going to need a scouting report on these.
5. Beer Cheese Burger Sliders - Beer Cheese Burger Sliders feature juicy patties, covered in melty IPA beer cheese, caramelized onions and pickles and are served on a toasted brioche bun.
Another option only available for a suite. I could definitely see attacking a plate of these in between innings.
4. Froman's Cheddar Pierogis - Back by popular demand, these golden-brown cheddar and potato pierogis are served with grilled onions and available to fans walking the concourse in Section 126.
Pierogis need to be a much bigger thing around here. They're delicious, portable, and are delicious long after they're piping hot. They should be at ball parks across the country.
3. Pretzel-Wrapped Bratwurst - Featuring a quarter-pound bratwurst, wrapped in a sea-salted pretzel dough and baked to perfection, this is an easy-to-eat creation to curb any fan cravings.
Why have a corn dog when you can have a pretzel brat? Perfect for baseball games and as long as they are structurally sound, could be one of the best things at Guaranteed Rate Field.
2. Horchata Churro Milkshake - This refreshing cinnamon horchata-style milkshake is completed with a fried churro, chocolate sauce drizzle, whip cream and a cherry on top.
This is inspiring. Only downside is that it's only available in the Stadium Club. I don't know anyone important enough to get into there.
1. Rainbow Cone - A Chicago tradition for more than 95 years, Rainbow Cone is giving fans on the 100- and 500-level concourses a taste of its sliced, not scooped, five-flavored cones. A sweet treat during the dog days of spring and summer, Rainbow Cone offers five delicious flavors — orange sherbet, pistachio, Palmer House, strawberry and chocolate.
This is what we came for. The sliced rainbow cone. If you're not familiar with this Chicago dessert and nice piece on it was written by the Chicago Eater. Basically, it's thick ice cream sliced into slabs that are placed on a cone. The layers look like this.
People have been lining up for this ice cream at the original location for almost 100 years and now it's right inside the ballpark.
Instagrammable and delicious is a wonderful pairing to go viral over the summer.
The White Sox home opener is next Tuesday, weather permitting. Happy eating everyone!
LOOK: Route 66’s quirkiest and most wonderful attractions state by state
25 Famous People You Didn't Know Were From Wisconsin