Stroll On State By The Numbers
Did you get to this year's Stroll on State? The odds are yes.
Event organizers are excited to announce that this year's event brought in 82,500 people, a 10 percent increase over the 2016 total.
Some of the reasons for the record-breaking number are some new additions to the once a year gala. This year saw the addition of the new Dasher 5K, extended hours, a new parade, and more stages for live music. The unseasonably warm temperatures undoubtedly played a role as well.
It's remarkable how big this event has gotten in only 5 years. The folks over at GoRockford.com really know what they're doing.
Here's the breakdown of what Stroll on State did this year:
- 7,278 guests utilized park and ride shuttles
- 4,200 children visited Santa Claus
- 3,242 s'mores were eaten
- 1,889 people volunteered
- 954 people ran or walked in the Dasher 5K
- 794 letters written to Santa noting their Christmas wishes
- 137 rehersal hours for The Studio's performance of James and The Giant Peach
- 38 characters, 13 floats, 11 drummers and 2 large-scale balloons were in the parade
Outstanding job next year. The only bad news is that you have an even higher ceiling to reach next year. You can do it!