Nicholas Conservatory Named Illinois’ Most Romantic Destination
Travel and Leisure's new list of the most romantic destinations in every state gives Rockford a big thumbs-up.
And, in spite of my vote for the Rockford Speedway, they've chosen Rockford's own Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens as the most romantic destination in Illinois (apparently Loves Park's lobbying efforts didn't bring home the title).
Here's Travel and Leisure's take on Nicholas:
Couples who appreciate nature but don’t necessarily want to venture outside when it’s cold out can find romance in a greenhouse. The Nicholas Conservatory in Rockford, Illinois is a perfect indoor escape with butterflies, orchids and contemporary art installations. It’s even possible to rent the entire space out after hours for an intimate evening underneath glass atrium.
Here are the most romantic spots in some of our neighboring states:
- Wisconsin: Schoolhouse Beach Park (Washington Island)
- Iowa: Pikes Peak State Park
- Indiana: The Kissing Bridge at Valparaiso University
- Kentucky: Cumberland Falls
- Michigan: The Victorian Garden at Frederik Meijer Gardens
- Minnesota: Split Rock Lighthouse (on Lake Superior)