Meet the Girl Behind Rockford’s Most Delicious Food Photos
Her photos make you want to ditch your dinner plans and head to one of Rockford's hottest restaurants, but who is the girl behind Rockford_Cravings?
Meet Rachel Cordano, your guide to what's delicious in and around Rockford.
Rachel is Rockford's foodie Instagram queen with her IG account, Rockford_Cravings which she started last summer.
So how did Rockford_Cravings come to be?
Rachel and I spent a Saturday talking food and making drinks at Five Forks, GreenFire and Alchemy, where I learned all about her love for snapping food pics.
- Rachel got the idea for Rockford_Cravings after she lived in Chicago for a year and a half. When she lived there, she always tried new restaurants based on Chicago food IG accounts, when she moved back to Rockford, she missed it, so she decided to create it herself.
- She settled on the name, Rockford_Cravings, because she wanted to include food and drinks, since you can crave both of them.
- She got attention on Instagram by following as many Rockford companies and restaurants as possible, and tagging them in her photos.
- She now blogs with Go Rockford every two weeks, about the best places to eat and drink in the city.
- Her favorite IG filter is Clarendon.
- Her favorite Rockford restaurant is JMK, and sushi is her favorite food to photograph.
Huge thanks to Randy at Five Forks, Erin at GreenFire and Matt at Alchemy for letting Rachel and I play 'Bartender for a Day' and learn how to make a 'French 75,' 'Bouquet of Rosé,' and 'Smoke & Mirrors.'