The Rockford Area Arts Council is looking for more applicants looking for some financial help to award their 2022 Community Arts Access Grants.
These Access Grants are available for individual artists, arts organizations, and non-profit organizations wishing to apply for grant funding for projects or programs that take place in 2022.
Some of the recipients of the 2021 grants include:
- Artists' Ensemble Theater - Mysterious Journey: a new, free podcast series featuring short audio plays
- Belvidere South Middle School - Connected: A student led community art installation and music video project
- Crossroads Blues Society - Blues in the Schools: Artists playing and teaching Blues music in schools
- Friends of the Coronado - Secrets of the Coronado series
- Rock House Kids - Abstract Art Class for Inner-city teens with artist Laura Gomel
- Rockford Park District Foundation - Sounds of Summer free concert series
- Rockford Wind Ensemble - Nineteenth Annual Youth Honor Band workshop
- Rockford Symphony Orchestra - RSO Virtual Music Club
- Womanspace - Womanshare Collective creative art space
As you can see from the past grant recipients, there really isn't a limit on what kind of "art" you'd like to share with the Rockford community, just as long as it will be a benefit to those that take it in.
Some Access Grant Information:
- Who can apply: Individual artists in partnership with a 501c3, arts organizations, and non-profit organizations.
- Grant Award: Grants, up to $250 , will be awarded using an expectations matrix and critical input from the Grant Review Committee.
- Grantee Award Announcement: The Arts Council will contact grantees by December 31st with a noticication of the status of their application/award.
- 2022 Grantee Reception: On wednesday, January 26th, at 4PM, at the Arts Council Board Meeting, grantees will be asked to attend, receive their grant award, and speak briefly to their 2022 [rogram/project.
Applications for the grant are due by November 12th and can be submitted through the Rockford Area Arts Council website.