Free Ice Skating At Chicago’s Beautiful Millennium Park
One of Chicago's most beloved Winter attractions is about to start again and here's everything you need to know for your trip downtown.
The McCormick Tribune Ice Rink re-opens on Friday, November 16. And it is still free to skate if you bring your own skates. Skate rentals are available. A night out with friends or family, a date or even for a workout, skating at Millennium Park is a can't miss night of fun with some of the best views the holiday season can offer. And this year, get ready for some very fun theme nights starting November 29th, according to urbanmatter.com.
- November 29: Charlie Brown Classics (jazz music)
- December 6: Ugly Sweater Soul-mas (soul and R&B music—and wear your ugliest Christmas sweater)
- December 20: Christmas Classics (all holiday music)
- December 27: Homecoming (house music)
- January 3: Bling in the New Year (90s hip-hop music)
- January 17: Totally Tubular (80s pop and rock music)
- January 31: Soul Train (70s disco, funk and soul music)
- February 7: Purple Passion (all Prince)
- February 21: Mambo Mania (40s & 50s Latin music)
- March 7: It’s a Wrap-sody (all Queen)
You're strongly encouraged to wear costumes for these time nights. Each event goes from 6 - 8 p.m..
Skating hours at Millennium Park:
- Mondays – Thursday, noon – 8 pm
- Fridays, noon – 10 pm (ice skating lesson at 11 am)
- Saturdays, 10 am – 9 pm (ice skating lesson at 9 am)
- Sundays, 10 am – 9 pm (ice skating lesson at 9 am)
There are also special Holiday hours of operation. To get those and all other important information, click HERE.