Everything You Need To Know For Stroll On State Tomorrow
It might look a little different this year, but the spirit remains the same.
The city of Rockford kicks off Stroll on State and Small Business Saturday tomorrow night on 13 WREX from 6-7 PM. The holiday-themed production will culminate with the downtown tree lighting and a fireworks show that is being set off from 5 different locations throughout the city.
You can get all the details on their website, but here's what you need to know.
- Support Local - That's what Stroll on State was created for and is all about. Showcasing some of the small local businesses that operate out of our lovely downtown. They'll still be open, ready to safely accommodate a reduced number of customers. Downtown restaurants will also be available for carryout. Seriously, this is that Stroll is about, let's not forget about our small business owners who need us now more than ever.
- Dasher Dash 5k - The annual 5K is still being held, just virtually this year. Participants can upload and track other's progress for free using the RACE JOY app. More information specifically about the Dash can be found here.
- Virtual Santa Visits - These won't be happening until December 13 and December 20. Be sure to check-in at the GoRockford.com website to reserve your child's time with Santa.
- Letters to Santa - Get a personalized return letter from Santa. Download your letter to Santa template here and drop it off at one of the following locations between tomorrow and December 7 to get a letter back from the big guy.
- FurstStaffing, 2580 Charles Street
- Rockford City Hall, 425 W. State Street (south side of building)
- Davis Park, Chestnut & Wyman Streets
- Janenes Event Design Studio Social Cafe, 607 West State Street, Studio B
- Illinois Bank & Trust, 4571 Guilford Road OR 308 West State Street