10 things to Do In Rockford Before Summer Ends
Labor Day weekend is upon us, and so is the unofficial end of summer in the Stateline. Here's 10 things you need to do in Rockford this weekend to live these last few days of Summer to the fullest.
- Crush a bunch of beer cans on a boat trip down the Rock River.
- Chase down an ice cream truck like a kid again.
- Get your final sunburn of the season at Magic Waters.
- Eat another Woodfire Brick Oven Pizza and ear of Lulu's Roasted Corn at the Rockford City Market.
- Burn up some marshmallows at your backyard bonfire.
- Haul a bunch of food and gear to Rock Cut for a weekend of camping fun.
- Take a float on a tube down the Kishwaukee River.
- Make a mess out of yourself scarfing down barbecued deliciousness at Brews & BBQ at the Rockford Speedway.
- Knock back some frosty ones while dancing to awesome tunes from your childhood at Brews & BBQ.
- Devour cider donuts from Edwards Apple Orchard while weeping into your hot chocolate as you get ready to put your shorts away in preparation for Fall in the Stateline.
Whatever you choose to do this Labor Day weekend, please drive and play responsibly, and above all, have fun!
See ya'll at the Rockford Speedway this weekend for Brews & BBQ! Don't have tickets yet? No worries. You can buy them at the door when you get there.