If you answered "gas fire," ding-ding-ding, you're the winner! The non-winner of this question is the guy in Center Line, Michigan, who, upon finding a spider in the gas door of his car, decided to set the spider on fire with his lighter. Problem was, he was pumping gas at the exact same time. Here's what it looked like on the station's security camera:

From CBS News:

The fire burst from the man's gas tank and spread to the nearby pump. As Adams hit the emergency pump shut-off and called the fire department, the man pulled his vehicle out-of-the-way but he didn't run from the melee he just caused, he sprung into action.

The flames were out by the time the fire department arrived on the scene and no one was injured. But when Adams tried to find out what happened, the man wasn't exactly truthful.

"It shocked me because it was like, 'So how did it catch on fire,'" said Adams (the cashier at the gas station). "And when I asked him after everything was done, I'm like 'Well, I know you wasn't smoking and you wasn't on the phone.' So he's like, 'Well I have static in my car.' So, I took it as that because when you have static you're supposed to get out the car and wipe your hands on your car."

After being questioned by fire investigators though, the man cracked and admitted his 8-legged mistake.

One of the gas pumps was badly damaged but insurance is expected to cover the cost of repairs. At this time no charges have been filed against the motorist, who has since returned to the gas station. He apologized to Adams, saying he's deathly afraid of spiders. 

No word on the plight of the spider.

More From WROK 1440 AM / 96.1 FM