We Can’t Wait To Try Out This New Restaurant Coming To Rockford
A new west coast hot dog joint will be moving into the old Ruby Tuesday on State Street.
WIFR - Dog Haus will be moving into the old Ruby Tuesday in the 7600 block of Walton Road, just off of East State. The restaurant serves up a variety of hot dogs, burgers and sausages. The Rockford location is expected to open in the fall.
This is some good news. If you, like I was, are unfamiliar with the chain and think we're just getting another run of the mill hot dog place, you are wrong.
After taking a look at their online menu I think I may have to restrict myself to this place only once a week. Let's take a look at some menu highlights:
- Old Town - Smoked bacon wrapped dog, caramelized onions, chipotle aioli, pickled jalapenos, cojita cheese
- Scott Baioli - Smoked bacon wrapped dog, cheddar cheese sauce, caramelized onions, garlic aioli (and an A+ pun for a name)
- The Fonz - Spicy italian sausage, pastrami, cheddar cheese sauce
- Thai Fighter - Spicy thai currywurst, wild arugula, pickled jalapenos, spicy basil aioli
- The Hangover Burger - White american cheese, smoked bacon, haus chili, fried egg, mayo
These are only the highlights. There's plenty more on the menu to drool over. Full disclosure: I never went to Ruby Tuesday. I don't think I'll be able to say the same about Dog Haus.