Visitor Numbers Remain Strong in Rockford
The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau announced strong attendance numbers for sites, attractions and events in Winnebago for 2015.
Individual event attendance in the region grew by more than 20K to just shy of a million attendees. That growth is thanks in part to Rockford AirFest, Winnebago County Fair, Stroll on State, Festival of Lights and Old Settlers Days all seeing an increase in numbers.
Rockford area sites and attractions also saw strong numbers in 2015. Anderson Japanese Gardens set an attendance record last year and the Ski Broncs nearly doubled their attendance from 2014.
Some highlights of the 2015 Winnebago Tourism year include:
- Rockford AirFest saw in increase of 15,000 spectators in 2015 reaching 135,000 visitors
- Magic Waters saw a jump in attendance of 16,000 visitors
- The region attracted 2.8 million visitors for sports tournaments at he MercyRockford Sportscore complexes
- The annual Head of the Rock Regatta saw their attendance break the 20,000 mark for the first time
- In just its second year, Alpine Hills Adventure Park jump from 825 visitors in 2014 to just shy of 6,000 visitors in 2015
- The Rockford City Market broke the 100,000 visitor mark for the first time