Two Dog Food Manufacturers Have Issued A Recall
If you feed your dog food from Natural Life or Nutrisca, you might want to empty your dog's bowl ASAP.
MyStateline.com - At least three people complained that their pets had suffered vitamin D toxicity after eating products from Natural Life Pet Products and Nutrisca. Dogs who ingest elevated of Vitamin D may experience symptoms such as vomiting, loss of appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, excessive drooling, weight loss or renal dysfunction, according to the FDA.
Natural Life has pulled the following product off the shelves.
- 17.5 lbs. Natural Life Chicken & Potato Dry Dog Food Bag UPC: 0-12344-08175-1
The bagged food has expiration dates of May 29, 2020, through Aug. 10, 2020.
Nutrisca has pulled these bags of food off the shelves.
- 4 lbs Nutrisca® Chicken and Chickpea Dry Dog Food Bag UPC: 8-84244-12495-7
- 15 lbs Nutrisca® Chicken and Chickpea Dry Dog Food Bag UPC: 8-84244-12795-8
- 28 lbs Nutrisca® Chicken and Chickpea Dry Dog Food Bag UPC: 8-84244-12895-5
- All Nutrisca affected products have expiration dates of Feb.25 202 through Sept. 13 2020.
If you have questions with either of the recalls you should call 888-279-9420 or email them at email@example.com.