Trunk-Or-Treats and Other Halloween Fun in Rockford
As a parent, I love when my kids get a whole bunch of miles put on their Halloween costumes each year. They sure as heck don't need all the candy, but it sure is fun to get it, so we wouldn't miss it for the world!
Ready for the good news? Every weekend in October there is a ton of Halloween fun to be had in the Stateline, so you better put the finishing touches on your costumes right now.
Here's just a few of the fun Halloween events happening this month in the Rockford area:
- Pumpkin Fest at Lockwood Park - Saturdays and Sundays through October 28 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Christ the Rock Trunk-or-Treat - Wednesday, October 17 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at 8330 Newburg Rd. Free to participate.
- BACHC Trunk or Treat - Thursday, October 18 from 5 to 7 p.m. at Community Health Systems Inc. at 74 Eclipse Ctr. in Beloit, Wisconsin. Other fun activities include live music, food trucks, and other fun activities. Free admission.
- Trunk-Or-Treat at Northeast Y - Friday, October 19 from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Northeast Family YMCA at 8451 Orth Rd. in Loves Park. Open to the public and free for Y members, or $2 per child for non-members. Pre-registration required, which you can do now by clicking here.
- Midway Village All Hallows Eve - Saturday, October 20 from Noon to 6 p.m. at 6799 Guilford Rd. $6 per person, unless you are already a museum member.
- Tractor Treat - Saturday, October 20 from Noon to 3 p.m. at Rivers Edge Recreation Center at 1151 West Locust Street in Belvidere. Free to attend. Activities include Dr. Jekyll’s laboratory, scarecrow building, pumpkin patch, trucks, and unique vehicles to touch, scary stories, community activity tables, and more.
- In The Outdoors: Junk (food) In Our Trunks - Saturday, October 20 from 7 to 9 p.m. at Atwood Center at 2685 New Milford School Rd. Come in costume for this unique tree trunk-or-treat. Free for all.
- Trick-Or-Treat Trail - Sunday, October 21 from 1 to 3 p.m. at Palmer Park at 2501 Palmer Dr. in Janesville, WI. Goblin games and kids in costumes can go on a hike to collect candy from all their forest friends. $2 per child to participate.
- Lanes of Treat - Friday, October 26 from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at Forest Hills Lanes at 7742 Forest Hills Rd. in Loves Park. Kids can trick-or-treat and enjoy carnival games both inside and outside the bowling alley. Free to attend.
- GPS Fall Fest - Saturday, October 27 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at GPS Faith Community at 10714 N 2nd St. in Machesney Park. Craft and vendor fair, bake sale, trunk-or-treat, photo booth and more. Free.
For more trunk-or-treats taking place at many of our local churches through Halloween night, check out statelinekids.com.