These Are The 13 Christmas Tree Recycling Locations You Should Use
Now that it's January you should probably start thinking about putting away your Christmas decorations.
One of the more difficult things to get rid of is your Christmas tree. Fortunately, our friends at Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful has you covered.
You can drop off your tree at any of these locations until Jan. 15. The best part is that after the 15th you can come back and pick up some free mulch for your garden this spring.
Drop off is from dawn until dusk. If you want to come back for some mulch make sure you bring your own containers and shovels. Mulch availability is not guaranteed and will be cleaned up the first of March.
- Don Schmid Youth Sports Center - 871 Sandy Hollow Road
- Levings Lake - 1420 S. Pierpont Ave. East entrance
- Andrews Park - 800 N. Central Ave
- Gambino Park - 4421 Pepper Dr
- Alpine Park - 950 Alpine Rd
- Martin Park - 5600Park Ridge Rd
- Machesney Town Center - 8702 N. 2nd St. southwest lot
- Williams Tree Farm - 4661 Yale Bridge Rd
- Rockton Boat Ramp - 830 E. Main St opposite ball field
- Valley View Farms - 6440 Belvidere Rd
- Pecatonica Wetlands Forest Preserve - 4550 N. Pecatonica Rd
- City of Belvidere Street Department - 515 W. Locust St.