Swedish American Holding First Ever National Diaper Drive Event
National Diaper Drive week is coming up, and one local hospital is recognizing the need in our community and stepping up.
Swedish American is hosting their 1st ever diaper drive. It will be held September 22nd through October 20th.
Here are some astonishing facts that you may not have known:
- Almost 30% of people in Rockford live below the poverty level
- The average baby uses up to 12 diapers a day
- Babies go through about 3,000 in their first year of life.
- 1 out of 3 families struggle to buy diapers
- Diapers cost about $100 a month
- Food stamps can not be used to purchase diapers
- Children are no longer allowed at daycare if they run out of diapers
- Many parents miss work or school because of this
All of the diapers collected in the drive will be donated to the Pregnancy Care Center of Rockford. There are many sites Swede's has where you can drop off donations.
- Swedish American Hospital and Heart Hospital Entrances
- Renaissance Pavillion
- 9th Street Center
- Regional Cancer Center
- Swedish American Medical Center in Belvidere
- Ryan Jury Child Development Learning Center
Also, if you would like to make a monetary or gift card donation you may mail them to:
Swedish American Foundation
1415 E. State Street, Suite 100
Rockford, IL 61114
Any and all donations are appreciated. Next time you're at the store, pick up a pack of diapers. I haven't had to buy them in quite awhile but I think you can get a pack for $10. Think of the tiny little cute bottoms you will be helping and protecting. Everybody loves baby butts.