‘Rogue One’ Had a Ton of Voice Acting Cameos, Including a Bunch from ‘Clone Wars’ and ‘Star Wars Rebels’
The fun thing about a sci-fi franchise as big as Star Wars is how everyone wants to be in it. There are a ton of “secret” cameos in the two newest films — the most high profile of which, so far, is Daniel Craig as that Stormtrooper in The Force Awakens — but Rogue One also got its share. There are a ton of voice cameos in the movie, most of which are from members of the filmmaking crew and voice actors who usually lend their talents to the Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels animated series.
Comicbook.com gathered the full list of all the familiar voices you can hear in the new movie, and they include some surprising members. Lucasfilm voice arts veteran David Collins contributed his voice to some random Stormtroopers and background aliens, as well as Steve Blum (Zeb on Star Wars Rebels), Dave Filoni, Rebels and Clone Wars showrunner, and Vanessa Marshall (Hera on Star Wars Rebels). The film editor’s brother, Tony Gilroy, did some ADR work, as did David Ankrum, who did some voice work all the way back in A New Hope and voiced the Yavin intercom in Rogue One.
The rest of the list includes everyone from sound designers to editors to stunt doubles to people who’d done voice work for The Force Awakens (and who will probably be back for Episode VIII).
- David Accord – sound designer on Star Wars Rebels, The Force Awakens and more
- David Ankrum – additional voices in Star Wars: A New Hope
- Verona Blue – additional voices in The Force Awakens
- Dave Boat – Star Wars video games voice actor
- Eugene Byrd – LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures
- Jonathan Dixon – additional voices in The Force Awakens
- Michael Donovan – LEGO Star Wars video games and The Force Awakens
- Terri Douglas – ADR voice casting for The Force Awakens and Rogue One
- Robin Atkin Downes – Cham Syndulla on Star Wars Rebels
- Tom Harrison-Read – first assistant editor on Rogue One
- Kevin Hickman – first assistant editor on Rogue One
- Karen Huie – additional voices in The Force Awakens
- Lex Lang – Star Wars video games voice actor
- Vanessa Lengies – LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures
- Yuri Lowenthal – Star Wars video games voice actor
- Christopher Scarabosio – re-recording mixer for Rogue One and Clone Wars
- Orly Schuchmacher – additional voices in The Force Awakens
- Kat Sheridan – additional voices in The Force Awakens
- Christian Simpson – Hayden Christensen’s stand-in for Revenge of the Sith
- David Sobolov – Star Wars video games voice actor
- Julian Stone – Star Wars video games voice actor
- John Swartz – The Force Awakens and Rogue One co-producer
- Fred Tatasciore – Star Wars Rebels and video games actor
It sounds kind of fun to work on these projects, especially as a behind-the-scenes crew member, and then to have the opportunity to step into the sound studio and yell “The Rebels are escaping!” a few dozen times. We’ll probably see a lot of these folks back for the next episode, and probably in the Han Solo spinoff as well, as the new trilogy roars back into theaters next winter.
Rogue One is currently in theaters.