Rockford Police Stats Show Crime Rate Is Coming Down
The Rockford Police Department has some good news as they post crime data comparing January-June of 2019 to the January-June of 2018.
According to numbers released by the Rockford Police Department, we've seen a very impressive decrease in a variety of crimes:
- Violent crimes are down 21%
- Robbery is down 16%
- Property crimes are down 15%
- Aggravated assaults are down 20%
- There's also been a 20% decrease in shots fired
- Auto thefts have decreased by 25%
- Fifty-four percent of aggravated assaults in Rockford are related to domestic violence.
- So far in 2019 24 people have been shot in Rockford (including murders), compared to 45 people shot in Rockford during this time in 2018.
- Rockford Police has seen 750 calls for gunfire compared to 1,163 during the same time last year.
- Police recovered 57 guns in 2019 and 83 guns in the same time last year.