Rockford Park District Is Hiring Youth For The Summer
A summer job with the Rockford Park District could lead to a career.
Laura Gibbs Green from the Rockford Park District joins us every Friday with ideas of what to do over the weekend. Today she had a pretty important message that she wanted us to share with our listeners. The RPD is now hiring for their Youth Employment Summer Program.
From their website:
To ensure that Illinois' at-risk youth population is not being left behind as the State begins to rebuild from the COVID-19 pandemic, the State is making an investment that will assist in ensuring that Illinois' at-risk youth, ages 16-24, have an opportunity to participate in the employment successes of the State,. The Illinois Youth Investment Program has been established to empower and support these young people along their path toward successful, long0term and career employment.
- Program Assistants in Summer Camps at neighborhood parks, Community Centers, Nature Quest, Lockwood Animal Farm, Youth Sports activities, and Ice facilities
- Customer Service Associates at Golf Courses and Aquatic Facilities
- Outdoor Maintenance at neighborhood parks, Sports facilities, Golf courses, Atwood, Lockwood Animal Farm, and Aquatics Facilities
- Horticulture Maintenance at Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens
- Facility Assistants at Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens
- Food and Beverage associates at Aquatics facilities, Sports facilities, and Food Trucks.
I've seen firsthand how beneficial a program like this can be. A summer job like this on a college application could open up doors for a local youth down the road and eventually blossom into a future career.
They are taking applications for this program and many other positions throughout the city. Applicants must be 18.
32 Stunning Google Maps Pics Show Just How Much Downtown Rockford Has Changed