Opening Dates for Rockford Area’s Fall Hot Spots
Opening dates for some of Rockford's favorite apple orchards and Fall hot spots have been released, so you better mark these dates on your calendar right now.
Summer lovers may not be ready for the invasion of all things pumpkin spice and apple, but right now, this is me....
I think you get the point. I love Fall and all the sights, smells and decor that goes with it. At least we don't have to wait much longer to get our hands (and mouths) on some of the delicious tastes of the season from some of this area's best places for fall fun.
Here's the opening dates you need to know :
- Valley Orchard in Cherry Valley - Open now for berry picking with apple picking starting in about a week. Fresh bakery items (delicious apple cider donuts!) will be available starting the last week of August.
- Curran's Orchard in Rockford - Opening August 19 for the fall season, and yes, their awesome apple donuts will be ready for the feasting!
- Edward's Apple Orchard - Both the Poplar Grove and Winnebago locations will be opening for the season on August 25.
- The Pumpkin Patch - Opening for the season on September 21
- Susie's Garden Patch in Garden Prairie - Open now for produce picking, but mark October 8-10 on your calendar so you don't miss their Pumpkin Fill Up where you can pick pumpkins and pay wholesale prices!