Stateline Village Declares Snow Emergency
Machesney Park, Illinois – A snow emergency has been declared for Machesney Park due to the forecasted winter storm. The snow emergency will be in effect from Wednesday, December 22 at 6:00 PM until further notice.
During a snow emergency, all vehicles must be removed from the streets to allow snowplows to properly clear the roads. Any vehicles left on the streets during a snow emergency may be ticketed and towed at the owner's expense.
Residents are encouraged to park their vehicles in their driveways or in designated parking areas. The Machesney Park Village Hall parking lot and the Machesney Park Mall parking lot will be available for resident parking during the snow emergency.
In addition to the snow emergency, the Machesney Park Village Hall and all non-essential village facilities will be closed on Thursday, December 23 and Friday, December 24 in observance of the Christmas holiday. The village hall will reopen on Monday, December 27 at 8:00 AM.
The Machesney Park Public Works Department will be working around the clock to clear the streets and ensure the safety of residents. Please be patient and give the snowplows plenty of room to work.
Residents are also encouraged to take the following precautions during the winter storm:
- Stay off the roads if possible. If you must travel, allow extra time for your trip and drive slowly.
- Keep a winter emergency kit in your car that includes a blanket, flashlight, extra warm clothing, and non-perishable snacks.
- Keep a supply of non-perishable food and water in your home in case you lose power or are unable to leave your home due to the weather.
- If you have a fireplace or wood stove, make sure it is in good working order and have plenty of dry firewood available.
- Check on your neighbors, especially those who are elderly or have disabilities, to make sure they are safe and have what they need.
The Machesney Park Police Department will also be working to ensure the safety of residents during the winter storm. If you have an emergency, please call 9-1-1. For non-emergency issues, you can call the Machesney Park Police Department at (815) 654-5676.
We encourage all residents to stay informed about the weather and take necessary precautions to keep themselves and their families safe. The Machesney Park Village website and social media pages will be updated with the latest information on the winter storm and any changes to village services.
LOOK: What major laws were passed the year you were born?