One Fall Hotspot in Illinois is Nearly Ready to Reopen for Christmas Fun
As I sit here watching the snow fall outside my office window, I can't help daydreaming about all the Christmas fun that is just around the corner in Illinois.
Beautiful holiday decorations and light displays, visits with Santa, time spent with family and friends, I can't wait for any of it and am already planning this year's holiday to-do list.
My family already has many Christmas traditions we look forward to doing each year, but now I want to add something new to the mix...the Holiday Express at Blackberry Farm in Aurora, Illinois!
Holiday Express at Blackberry Farm
Before I share with you all the cool things that happen at Blackberry Farm in December, let me just give you this preview...
Now let's get into the specifics.
Holiday Express at Blackberry Farm will take place on:
- Thursdays, December 1, 8, and 15 from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Fridays, December 9 and 16 from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Saturdays & Sundays, December 3-4, 10-11, and 17-18: from 2 to 7 p.m.
One of the things I think is the coolest about Blackberry Farm is its historic pioneer village, which will be all decked out in its holiday finest and ready to delight your family during Holiday Express. Some other fun events happening include:
- Pictures with Santa at the North Pole Oasis (aka, Carriage Museum)
- Outdoor fun for kids at Candy Cane Village (aka, their beautifully lit outdoor playground)
- Rides on the Holiday Express Train around Gregory Lake and other areas of the farm's grounds.
- Holiday storytimes at the Gingerbread School House
- Enjoying Christmas music and fun crafts indoors at the Holiday Village (aka, Early Streets Museum)
Now that I've got you all excited to hop on board Blackberry Farm's Holiday Express, I must tell you that tickets to this event go FAST and are already on sale! Buy your tickets now, here before it's completely sold out!